Ooops

Here's an anime girl I made in Artbreeder (https://www.artbreeder.com/compose/anime_portraits), because she looks happy and I want to be happy too.
Hiya, friends!

Cass here. It would appear that I posted about three things to this blog and then just stopped. Let me just say that sometimes, appearances aren't deceiving. Yeah, sorry about that. In short, life happened. Between trying to cope with distance learning during COVID-19, all the political and socioeconomic drama that's been plaguing society lately, and my own mental health, it just got a little too much for awhile.

I'd be lying if I said things were much better now, but I want get back to posting regardless. Truth is, I never forgot about this blog for more than a day or two at a time; I just couldn't quite force myself to take the leap and return. While most of the media posted here was written long before it's published, it still takes a lot more time than I expected to edit posts, clean them up, and make sure the sources are properly cited. As I always say, you haven't lived until you've had to hunt for the exact edition of the film you referenced in a three-year-old Marxist analysis.

That being said, I've missed posting here. While I won't recommit to the "weekly" deadline at this point (out of respect to the dissonant chaos that is my life right now), I will commit to posting more regularly, at least until I clear that backlog. So, I guess there's no time like the present; check back tomorrow for one of the oldest pieces I still have saved! While only the likes of The Onion might call it nonfiction, it seems quite fitting for my first new post to have a concrete connection to our current sociopolitical climate (pun intended). This is especially true considering the outsized influence said climate has had over my life these past few months.

-Cassie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tear My Life Apart: Truth Through Queerness in The Handmaiden

Unknown: The Storytelling of Fun Home via McCloud